Tuesday 26 January 2010

PTI Nature Challenge

Where is this month going? My term as January's feature stamper over on A Passion for Papertrey is almost coming to an end :( This is my last challenge submission, as a feature stamper (I'll still be entering as often as I can) the current challenge is to create a card or project with a nature element to it, this is what I made ...


Stamps: Everyday Button Bits, Giga Guidelines
Cardstock: Plum Pudding, Sweetblush, Dark Chocolate

DSP: Guidelines
Mediums: Old Olive, Lavender Lace (SU), Versomark
Embellishments: Plum pudding ½”luxe satin ribbon (a la Monica), SquareBrad (Craftwork), Buttons from stash. Tools - Paper cutter and scorer, Snail adhesive, Nestabilities (Labels 1).


It was my first easel card (although I have made several this month, this one was made right at the beginning of the month in readiness for this challenge) I can tell you I'm hooked, well and truly, I can't believe how easy they are, and they look stunning, or at least this one does. If I can bear to part with it, I'm going to save this one until April for my Mum's birthday, I just know she'll love it, and purple is her favourite colour.

I used a piece of Plum Pudding cardstock for the bottom/stand.

For the top, I cut dark 3-3/4 x 3-3/4 dark chocolate and 3-5/8 x3-5/8 sweetblush, I stamped giga guidelines randomly in clear versomark over the sweetblush. I used the the flower stems from 'Everyday Button Bits', its stamped in Old Olive on Whisper White. I pulled out my Nestabilities (labels 1) and measured out two of them, cut out a smaller nestie around my flowers, and another one size larger in plum pudding cardstock.

I then sewed the button holes of colour co-ordintated buttons and adhered them to the flower stems and adhered both to my piece of sweetblush.




For the bottom/stand, I measured a piece of guidelines designer paper to leave a few mm around the edge and adhered to the base. I then cut another piece of cardstock in dark chocolate for a mat and layered a piece of sweetblush over for my sentiment.

The ribbon was tied 'a la Monica', I found the centre of the top of the sentiment layer and pierced a hole for the brad on the ribbon. I attached the ribbon via the brad and tidied up the ends. I stamped the sentiment in Lavender Lace, set the card straight and that was it, beautiful ...


Once again I've really enjoyed creating this project for you as a feature stamper for A Passion for Papertrey, I hope you like it - please leave me some feedback - let me know what you think.

While I'm at it, Why don't you join in? All you need to do is use at least one PTI product, you could use a stamp, cardstock, papers or a piece of ribbon, please do come and join us


See you soon
xoxo

.

10 comments:

Judith said...

I saw this on the passion blog and loved it. Great card x x

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely card,Dawn.

Mandy said...

Dawn, your card is lovely. The colours are so pretty and your card is very elegant.

Mandy

Vicki said...

Wow gorgeous card Dawn, I just love the colours and those button stamps are my fav. from PTI:)

Hugs
Vicki x

Aimes said...

I can totally see why you're addicted - those easel cards look so impressive! I love your take on our challenge - can't believe it's nearly the end of Jan! I'll miss you as our featured stamper - you've been fab and much more organised than me!
x

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful project Dawn and I am going to copy down your measurments too - I've been doing mine by instinct and yours look much better! LOL Love the colours too. X

Kate Lewis said...

I just love this card Dawn, I'm going to have to try an easel card!! Thank you so much for being our featured stamper - you've be so inspirational! Love Kate xx

Donna said...

Stunning card Dawn, love the button flowers and beautiful colours. Donna x

Ann Wills said...

Gorgeous card, it has such clean lines and looks so effective.

Caryn said...

Just gorgeous Dawn - I've loved all your submissions over at PFP. This is just such a nice design too. I got this set in my latest order - it's fabulous isn't it?

Big hugs,
Caryn xxx

Post a Comment