Sunday 26 April 2015

Been a long time

It's been a very long time since I last updated my blog. Lots of reasons, main one being I could not get Blogsy to work and I am in no way IT technical .... 


DH has got me up and running again and I have a good bit of material .... Yarn to share :D


But first something papercrafty, because you're not going to see much of that because I haven't really been in the craft room for 12 months except to make DD a wedding anniversary gift, the first one HAD to be paper!  She had asked me if I could make her a paper rose heart similar to one that 'Next' are currently are selling.  


I started die cutting roses straight away, but struggled to find a heart the right size. After sourcing the heart and starting to fix the roses I realised I hadn't cut and rolled nearly enough .... lesson here.  However many you think you need. DOUBLE IT.  


I hit a problem. I was using some old designer series paper which was now retired .... Oops


I put a call out on facebook to some crafty friends, several of whom came up trumps .... Problem, the colour I was using 'bashful blue' over the years had changed!  I had to remove all the roses I had alteady attached to my heart form so I could 'mix' the colours.  I am really, really pleased with the result :D