Tuesday 20 April 2010

Mini Card Swap.

I joined yet another card swap over on ILWS, it was in celebration of the new mini catalogue, each of us chose a stamp set from the mini to showcase and had to make 14 4x4 full cards with at least 2 layers and one embellishment. This is what I created:

435

I actually used two stamp set from the new mini, I used both ‘Fine Flourish’ and the dotted swirly flower centre from ‘My Sweet Pea’. The last stamp set I used was from the main catalogue ‘Good Friend’

And the Recipe:

Stamps: Fine Flourish, My Sweet Pea, Good Friend
Cardstock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Mediums- Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Veramark
Embellishments: Taffeta Ribbon coloured with Creamy Caramel marker pen, White embossing powder
Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig, heat gun, Mat pack and paper piercer, Paper cutter and scorer, tombow adhesive, paper snips.

434

I sent them all off for collation only to find that I hadn’t read the instructions correctly Smiley from millan.net I only made card fronts! I was supposed to make full cards … So that was me very quickly back to the drawing board ….

Unfortunately I didn’t have enough close to cocoa card stock so I had to change the colour scheme.

449

Stamps: Fine Flourish, My Sweet Pea, Good Friend
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pink Passion, Regal Rose
Mediums- Pink Passion, Green Galore, Versamark
Embellishments: Taffeta Ribbon coloured with Green Galore marker pen, White embossing powder
Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig, heat gun, Mat pack and paper piercer, Paper cutter and scorer, tombow adhesive, paper snips.

450

If I can get permission from the other ladies who joined in the swap I hope to share their cards with you later this week, all the cards I received are beautiful.

I hope to be back tomorrow with another swap card, this time a card I made for a Wedding Invitation Swap, the cards I received back for this swap really were just fabulous!!!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Dawn these are beautiful, simple and clean but pack a real punch. Just wanted to let you know that I have a little package I am taking to the post office to mail off to you. I hope to get there tomorrow. Hope all is well with you!!
Lori

Cahos' Chaos said...

Awesome. Here I thought 6 was too much for a card swap. How do you handle such a large swap group? Thanks for sharing. God Bless.

Cahos' Chaos said...

I forgot to ask how many swaps so you belong too?

AuroraDawn said...

Hey Diana,

Thank you so much for your kind words Diana, I If you're making 6 cards for a swap its really no hassle to make up 16, I get an assembly line of ingredients ready - I make up my sample card then cut up all my card stock and get all my ingredients together to make enough for the swap, it really doesn't take too long at all once you get into it ..... Oh and I love it :O) that would be why I put my name down for every swap on the forum I follow, if I was in the US and follwed SCS I probably couldn't keep up!

Pat said...

Both cards are lovely. Just shows how different the same card can look in two colourways. My fave is the brown one...just seems a little more grown up IYKWIM

Pat x

Post a Comment