Tuesday 3 February 2009

UStamp Magazine Card Holders


Big thank you to the snow yesterday, I got sent home from work at 1pm because it was coming down so thick and fast, and usually for us it settled.

Lots of appointments cancelled, physio - rescheduled, blood donation - those blood suckers are desperate for my blood (O-neg) so I’m hoping to get to a session next week and weight watchers –I weighed myself, and according to my scales I’ve lost another 2.6 lbs, that’s 0.4lb off my goal weight WOOHOO.

I spent pretty much all of yesterday afternoon and evening in my craft room, tiding (as you can see from the header above, it does get pretty messy in here LOL) and creating little magazine holders to hold my stock of A6 cards. The magazine holders were made following templates which are available from UStamp 09 – see blinkie on the side panel. This is the 3rd time Dawn and Rachel have held this event and I can honestly say they are well worth the money, you can still join, you can catch up really easy, lots of videos to watch and all projects are PDFs which are downloadable.

I made seven holders, one each for Birthday Male, Birthday Female, Baby, Weddings, Thank You, Get Well, and General. It will certainly make it easier for me to find cards that I know have already made there are so many times I go to get a card and realise that I have put in that ‘safe’ place that I can’t find LOL


Anyway I used:

Card Stock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Designer paper: Petals & Paisley (Ret)
Ribbon: Bashful Blue 1” double stitched grosgrain
Punch: Scallop edge
Brads: stash (managed to colour match SU, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery)
Ink: I used a printer with WW cardstock, someone from ILWS kindly produced a link to SCS and a fantastic SU Colour chart.

More blog candy on on Valentine's blog, go see some of Sharnie's specials here

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh wow!! those are so lovely, & the card is just too pretty :)

Your craft space looks delightful BTW xxx

Alex said...

I love your seven holders, the colours are adorable :) By the way, I like your blog header too!

SundayL said...

Wow Dawn... fantastic work on your first blog, and some lovely cards! Good luck with all you do on here... will link your blog to my bloglater!
Sunday

Anonymous said...

Your cards are lovely Dawn, just lovely, and I love the holders too.

Kate Lewis said...

gorgeous holders Dawn and what a great idea! Mine are shoved in boxes! Such pretty cards too Kate xx

Post a Comment