Monday 11 January 2010

PTI Notebook

As some of you know I was chosen as feature stamper over on A Passion for Papertrey for January and one of the responsibilities of feature stamper is to take part in the challenges. Well the first challenge has been set for 2010 and the challenge is to create a card or project with an embossed image, this is what I made ...



Stamps: Giga Guidelines, Take Note Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Berry Sorbet
DSP: Bitty Dots, Everyday Blessings
Mediums: Staz-on, Chocolate Chip (SU), Embossing Stamp pad
Embellishments: Aqua Mist button, Berry Sorbet ½" luxe satin ribbon
Tools - Paper cutter and scorer, Snail adhesive, Heat gun, Clear embossing power.

I really love making these notebooks, I not made one yet that I've really not wanted to give away ...

For this one I started out with a piece of dark chocolate cardstock, measured 21.5cm x 20.5cm scored at 7cm, 7.5cm and 14.5cm (along the 21.5cm edge). I then use a small plate to mark a nice curve for the inside pocket and cut. Nichol Heady has a template here but you might have to fiddle to get the measurements to fit.

For the front cover, I stamped one of the images from giga guidelines with versamark ink onto berry sorbet, and then sprinkled liberly with clear embossing powder. Heat set with a heat gun. I then sponged chocolate chip ink in small circular movements over the image (remembering to wipe the images clean). This really makes the images pop! I then cut another piece of berry sorbet 21cm x 6.6cm for the mat layer on the front cover, and stuck this down. I cut my embossed cardstock to size along with some bitty dots designer paper and adhered those to my mat layer. I cut a piece of Everyday Blessings to size and adhered that into place.

I inked up 'notes' from the 'Take Notes' stamp set with chocolate chip and stamped my image down the side for added interest.

The ribbon was tied 'a la Monica' but instead of using a brad I sewed on an Aqua Mist button.


Inside the notebook I decorated the pocket with the left overs/scraps from the front cover, to add interest I stamped a paperclip and a pointing finger, then all I had left to do was adhere the pad to the notebook.



I really enjoyed my first project as feature stamper, I hope you like it - please leave me some feedback - let me know what you think.

While I'm at it, Why don't you join in? All you need to do is use at least one PTI product, you could use a stamp, cardstock, papers or a piece of ribbon, so why not come and join us

See you soon

xoxo

3 comments:

Taheerah said...

Great notebook Dawn, I think these really are becoming your trademark! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me some birthday love!

Aimes said...

Dawn I love these notebooks and your embossing is amazing! That Giga Guideline image certainly pops!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
P.S Think the last of your ATCs got to their destination today! Yay!

Vicki said...

Oh Dawn you have these off to a fine art now, it's gorgeous!

Hugs
Vicki x

Post a Comment