Monday 23 June 2014

Life is wonderful

So exciting, one of my many packages arrived last week.

I really didn't know where to start! But I was good and made a start on a shawl for my mother in law's birthday present. I misjudged how much yarn I needed and have had to order more, so it will feature on another post.

I also received some gorgeous cotton yarns ....

I set to work making up this hexagon pattern by the fabulous Lucy of Attic24. I plan to join as I go so I'm going to get a whole load of circles ready so the blanket grows really quickly!

 

Friday evening we were really lucky here in that the weather was beautiful. We were out for the evening, to see a theatre production of Agatha Cristie's 'A murder is announced' so we had a really early dinner in town and then had a lovely walk along the prom.

The views were amazing, we could see all the way back to Hastings.

The show was fantastic, if it does a run in your town its well worth going to see.

Yesterday we had to take a day off from home improvements/bathroom and take advantage of the lovely summer weather so we took a drive out to my favourite gardens at Great Dixter, Northiam.

They are full of colour most of the time, but I think this time of the month has to be the best!

 

Just look at the lovely meadows in the Orchard.

The borders are full of planting schemes that can be used in any garden at home.

Just breathtaking.

And today.

I spent the morning filling in job applications and the afternoon watching tennis and crocheting .... Can life be more perfect?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment