Friday 6 June 2014

Crochet Tote Bag

I am so pleased with how the bag hooked up. I made it up bigger than Lucy's instructions and changed the handles but other than that, its all Lucy. I'm using it to hold WIP projects, so I can grab and run.

It took just less than a week to complete, fitting it in here and there. But I will admit to taking it away with me last week and hooking my way to and from Wales in the passenger seat ... It really makes the miles fly by!

I used Stylecraft DK Special yarn and a 3.5mm Clover hook.

As a learner, I pretty much winged it on the size and guessed on18 rounds for the base and then started to work my way up. The bag is 36 rounds in height (including the handle rounds).

As you can see I used 'Lucy' colours.

I am thrilled with my new crochet bag and am thoroughly enjoying my new hobby. I just hope I can keep it up. I thought I was on the road to recovery but my left shoulder is still in a lot of pain as its in the process of thawing and my right shoulder is now starting to freeze!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment