Thursday 19 February 2009

Happy Everything Birthday and Circle of Friendship Thank Yous

My attempt at this weeks colour challenge over on ILWS


The challenge was to use basic grey, ballet blue and certainly celery, I had to cheat and use grey CS from my stash but I think the overall effect looks good.

Along with the Ballet Blue CS, I used Certainly Celery DSP (ret), Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, and stamps from Happy Everything. This is an A6 card, I also made one in A5 for DH birthday tomorrow.

I've also taken pictures of the little Thank-you card's I made yesterday.


and a close up


I used
Close to Cocoa Textured CS

Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White CS
Sweet Always DP
Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon
Creamy Caramel and Pumpkin Pie inks
Circle of Friendship and Polka Dot Punches stamp.
1" and 1 3/8" punches.


Hope to attempt a few more challenges tomorrow :)

Meanwhile I'm blog hopping, and found more candy over here, Bev has some lovely candy she's giving away, including some of her fabulous crochet flowers - they are soooo beautiful.

And Rachel also has two sets of blog candy to give way, pop over here to have a look.




3 comments:

Sarah B said...

Wow great creations Dawn. I love the patchwork effect of the first card, and the thank you cards are so cute. I love the combination of colours, this is somethings I find difficult. Sarah B X

AuroraDawn said...

Thank you for the kind comments, I do find that using Stampin Up products does make colour matching/co-ordinating so much easier.

Stephanie said...

I love what you've done with the first card - very elegant & woks very well & those thank you cards are just spot on - great colours, simple but effective WTG! xxx

Post a Comment