Sunday 1 April 2012

Springtime challenge


I made up this card as my entry for the Challenge Blog over at That Craft Place.  The theme this time is Spring, and it certainly wasn’t difficult to find inspiration … its been a gorgeous week this week.

463

I used the fabulous Tim Holtz Kraft Resist Papers - I don't’ know who could resist them! When you ink them up they really are gorgeous, for this project though I kept them plain although I did use my sewing machine to add a single stitch line all the way round. I used cherry cobbler cardstock to bring out the colour in the poppy.  The two ribbons are both SU, I love the crochet trim :O)  The little flowers are made from one of the SU punches in the set ‘Itty Bitty Shapes’ and a single pearl in each. The stamp is ‘Poppy’ from Crafty Individuals, stamped in Soft Suede and coloured with my stampin up markers and then distressed.

I love the look of this card, probably my favourite so far this year.

You’ve a fortnight to join us in this challenge, hope to see your work of art soon :O)

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A beautiful spring card,Dawn.

Laney said...

oh I love that stamp Dawn!! must go look for it
your card is fabulous hun
hugs
laney

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Dawn:) Love that stamp!

Jean said...

Fabulous card, I love the beautifully coloured poppy. Jean x

febe said...

Adorable spring card with the colors and the image. :)

health club promotions

Stephanie said...

What a beauty, I think this is a superbly stylish card Dawn! Hope you're well sweetie xxx

Post a Comment