Sunday 18 October 2009

A Passion for Autumn

Almost missed it ... the challenge that is, the current challenge over on A Passion for Papertrey is to create something inspired by autumn, I stuggled with this one, not only with time - where does it go .... but also with my mogo, it completely disapeared everytime I thought about this challenge, I don't think it was the colours because they're my favourite, or are they? I certainly wear autumnal colours but I don't seem to work with them ... hmmm

Anyhow, this is my submission for the challenge:


Stamps - Father Knows Best (PTI)
Cardstock - Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White (SU)
Mediums-
Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard
Embellishments -
Vintage brads
Tools - Paper Cutter and scorer.Word Window, Large Oval, Scallop Oval punches.


I actually love the way my SU marker pens worked (or didn't work) on the PTI stamp, the ink sort of pooled up which meant I could go over with several colours on each leaf or just leave out some leaves if you know what I mean. I love the effect, just like autumn ...

Please leave me a comment, I'd love to know what you think

.

2 comments:

Aimes said...

Gorgeous - my fave colours! Your mojo is definitely on form here: I love the autumnal colours you've used - so rich and warm! Also love the little multi-coloured leaves falling from the tree. This certainly sums up autumn for me!
Thanks so much for entering the challenge with your beautiful card!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kate Lewis said...

I love it Dawn! Even if it wasn't intentional the ink for the leaves looks fabulous! Fab layout too! Thanks so much for joining the challenge!! K xx

Post a Comment