Sunday 20 September 2009

Second Update in one day!

And another challenge completed ...

Got the Stamp with Us challenge completed early this week :O)

The challenge is a Recipe this week and the recipe is NOT to use any patterned paper, to use 2 ribbons and 2 stamps.

Here's what I came up with


Recipe: (SUO)

Stamps: Circle Circus
Cardstock: Kraft, Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Marvelous Markers: Old Oliver, Real Red, Summer Sun
Ribbon: Chocolate Chip double Stitched, Real Red
Supplies: Vintage Brads


Did I meet all the critera?

No patterned paper - check, I created my own using the two stamps we were allowed to use. I just stamped repeatedly all over the cardstock using a versomark pad.

Use 2 ribbons, I used a red ribbon separating the two different cardstock bases and the chocolate chip tree base.

Use 2 stamps, this was the hardest. The tree is made up of 2 stamps AND the cardstock base were both stamped up using only those 2 stamps.

I can't take the credit for the design, that has to go to the great Nicole Heady, isn't that new set gorgeous, I couldn't afford a PTI order this month so thought I'd have a play with some new stamps that I do have - not bad for a first attempt (note - long fingernails, very small stamps and a stamp-a-ma-jig don't mix LOL)

Now I really do have to go do some of the dreaded housework ....

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh fab card, I love your take on this design (I think the colours are nicer in yours), I don't have Circle Circus, but I can see me adapting something, maybe Spot On to do something similar - it's great.

Jan x

Steph said...

Wow - well done you - straight off the mark! Great card x

Elizabeth said...

Great card Dawn. Quite a tricky recipe challenge this one - I will have to give it some thought! You did a wonderful job and I am starting to think I have to add Circle Circus to my wish list! :)

Merry said...

This is wonderful and what a great way to use those circle stamps.

Sara said...

Clever idea again whether or not it's yours or someone elses. Well done meeting the challenge and sticking to the recipe.

Sara xx
Stamp With Us Design Team

Lainee said...

And excellent take on the recipe, Aurora Dawn. I found this an easy recipe to follow personally and love what you created!

Nicki said...

wow this is brill! what a brill idea to use the circles as a tree! really neat!
im of trying to catch up on posts!!!
take care
Nicki
x

Yvonne said...

Oh my love the way you have used the stamps for a tree, how fab.

cardsandacuppa said...

Fabulous, Love it! xxxx

The Crafting Cook said...

Gorgeous card & fantastic idea- might have to borrow this - if you don't mind???

Teresa xx

Post a Comment