Sunday 30 March 2014

Paper flower wedding

It's been a long while since I last posted. It's not that I haven't been busy in the craft room, I just needed to take a break. I'm back in blogland but I'll be posting about more than just my paper projects from now on :)

What have I been up to?

Big News. Dannii and Ben announced their engagement at Christmas .... Wooohooo

Big Shock. We had just three months to prepare, they'd decided against a long engagement, and "Oh Mum, you'll do all my flowers for me won't you. I would really like paper flowers" ;) and it goes without saying the invites ....

Dannii found some invites she liked on Pinterest which I dutifully put my own spin on. She loved them.

Then she found a bouquet she loved which she asked me to recreate in her colours ...

I invited some really good crafty friends round to help (a really big THANK YOU to Sam, Chris and Cindy for ALL of your help) we needed to make a lot of flowers. Then we needed to make a lot more because they just don't go as far as you think.

I finally finished putting together the bouquets, one for her, and one each for her two bridesmaids and I have to admit I loved the finished item, so much so I really wanted one for myself. They were so pretty. Unfortunately neither Dannii nor her bridesmaids wanted to give them back LOL

I really thought after all the cutting and rolling, I'd have enough flowers left for the cake .... Did I mention she also wanted paper flowers on her cake ... Cue more crazy flower cutting and rolling ....

I also have to thank my wonderful friend Monica Gale for the wedding cake. As soon as Dannii announced she was getting married up North I knew I had to ask Moni to make her cake, and she didn't fail me. It was AMAZING.

I loved all the paper flowers so much I then went on to make the button-holes and corsages

They had a fabulous day .... The new Mr & Mrs

 

 

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I remembered you asking about flowers and when I saw the pictures I hunted out the bouquet!!! It looked fab as did your little tiny collar corsage. There is no doubting you to are mother and daughter is there!! She looked fab and everyone looked so happy - looked like you had a lovely time

Linny said...

Good to see you back in blogland. An amazing Wedding, going by your Creations. Love them. Linda x

artfulstampin said...

The bouquets and decorations are stunning! What a great job you did.

Post a Comment